Coronavirus Update: Orthodontic Care & Emergency Treatment
At Utah Orthodontic Care, we understand the severity of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and we are deeply concerned about the health and wellbeing of our patients and community. Our hearts go out to anyone suffering during this time for one reason or another. As orthodontic healthcare professionals, it is our job and responsibility to protect patients and staff by continuing to work safely and diligently as always.
Disease Prevention & Sanitation at Utah Orthodontic Care
Orthodontic healthcare professionals are experts in orthodontia, as well as disease prevention and sanitation. Not only are we passionate about keeping a clean, germ-free environment, we are also legally obligated to do so. At Utah Orthodontic Care, our staff has been trained to provide the highest quality care in an office that is safe and disinfected. To combat any type of infectious disease, including Coronavirus, we take the following precautions every day:
- Surgical Masks, Protective Eyewear, & Gloves: all of our team members wear masks, eyewear, and gloves to protect themselves and our patients from any type of fluid or germ exchange.
- New Masks with Every Patient: we keep our patients safe by changing our masks between every patient, and sometimes even during a patient’s orthodontics appointment if the mask becomes wet.
- Mask for Patients: if necessary, we can also provide masks for our patients while they undergo their orthodontics appointment.
- Staying at Home When lll: our staff members stay at home if they are ever feeling even slightly ill, and we ask the same of our patients.
- Clean Hands: all of our orthodontics team members wash their hands with antimicrobial soap and/or regularly apply an alcohol-based hand gel. We ask all of our patients to do the same while in our Utah Orthodontic Care office; soap and/or alcohol gel is provided.
- Routine Cleaning & Disinfecting: at Utah Orthodontic Care, we disinfect everything between patient appointments, including surfaces and orthodontic chairs, and we ensure new orthodontic instruments are used.
Our orthodontics team has always and will continue to practice high quality infectious disease control in our Utah Orthodontic Care office. If you or a family member are experiencing respiratory infection symptoms or any other symptoms of illness, we kindly ask that you stay home and reschedule your appointment for when you are feeling better.
Open for Orthodontic Care
At Utah Orthodontic Care, we practice strict infectious disease control every day, which means we are already taking the right measures to keep you and your family safe in our orthodontic office. Our practice will remain open until further notice because we know how to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy. If you have questions or concerns about your upcoming orthodontic appointment, please do not hesitate to ask our team.
Keep Your Smile & Your Orthodontic Care!
As orthodontic healthcare professionals, it is our priority to offer the most secure and clean facilities to our patients at all times. Utah Orthodontic Care will continue to do so through this difficult climate and beyond. Please do not hesitate to contact any of our Utah offices with questions or concerns about your orthodontic care, or if you need help with an orthodontic emergency! If you had a regular orthodontics appointment scheduled during our closure period, please call us once the office is fully operational again to reschedule. Thank you for your patience! Our team is inspired by the sense of community that this unprecedented situation is creating. We will get through this by working together!
Be kind. Be smart. Be safe. Be healthy.
We’re all #InThisTogether
— Your Friends at Utah Orthodontic Care